Clip of the Month Terms and Conditions
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Clip of the Month.
1) Contest Timing: The Clip of the Month (the “COTM”) begins 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 1, 2018 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2018. The Contest continues each month following. Each subsequent entry periods begin at 12:00 a.m. ET on the first day of the month and end at 11:59 p.m on the last day of the month.
2) Eligibility: The COTM is open to all international riders. Employees and agents of Tilt and their respective affiliates are not eligible to participate or win.
3) How to Enter the COTM: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the COTM. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During each monthly period, you may access the COTM by visiting www.tiltlife.com (“Websites) and completing the registration form for one (1) Entry (an “Entry”). All eligible Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on the last day of each monthly period, to be eligible for that month’s judging. Entries are limited to one per Entrant. Entries received in excess of the limit will be included in the following month’s judging. Any attempt by any Entrant to enter by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Normal Internet access and data/usage charges imposed by your online/phone service may apply.
Entries constitutes permission for the Tilt and its agencies to use winners’ names, Instagram handles, and/or videos for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Entries constitute a transfer of ownership of the videos to Tilt. Tilt reserves the right to publish the videos at any time for the purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
4) Privacy: Trust is a cornerstone of Tilt’s corporate mission and the success of their business depends on it. Tilt is committed to maintaining your trust by protecting personal information they collect about you.
5) Judging: One (1) winner of ages 15 and up is chosen each month. One (1) winner of ages 14 and under is chosen each month. No additional winners are chosen. Judging will be conducted by Tilt, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the COTM. Odds of winning COTM are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received, quality of filming, quality of video, technicality of riding, and Entrant’s individual style of riding. The winners are announced directly on Instagram using Entrant’s Instagram handles (@entrant) for the announcement. After the announcement, the winners must communicate via email to receive their prizes. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 2-4 weeks after winner selection.
6) Prize Value: Each winner 15 and up will receive choice of any one (1) Tilt product. The product must be chosen from www.tiltlife.com of current in-stock products. One product is limited to one (1) SKU number. The product excludes complete scooters. Each winner 14 and under will receive $50 gift card of store credit to their www.tiltlife.com account as used for Entry. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of Tilt, in such circumstance, an alternate prize of equal value will be awarded and the Tilt’s obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize.
7) General Rules: By participating in the COTM, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Tilt. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any COTM materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Tilt. Tilt and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Websites or the COTM or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the COTM or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Websites or COTM. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry. Proof of entering information via the Websites does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Tilt is not responsible for the failure of any email or Entry to be received by Tilt on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. Tilt reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the COTM or Websites; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the COTM or Websites may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Tilt reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Tilt’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the COTM is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Tilt which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the COTM or Websites, then Tilt reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the COTM and select the winners at random from among all eligible Entries received. By entering the COTM, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
8) Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the COTM, the Entrant agrees that Tilt, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and COTM agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by Entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the COTM or participation in any COTM or related activity. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the COTM, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
9) Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the COTM or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. The COTM and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Michigan, without regard to conflicts of law provisions (whether of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Michigan. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Michigan and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Michigan.
10) Tilt: Capsule Collective LLC DBA TILT Scooters Grand Rapids MI 49503